2015-16 School Calendar
Summer Meals 2015
June 15 – 30 & August 1-21
Breakfast: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11:15 – 12:30 p.m.
Breakfast will be determined based on participation
Lunch: 11:30 – 12:30 p.m.
Step Up to 3rd Grade Summer Program
- Meals are free for children 18 and under excluding infants.
- Adults may purchase breakfast for $2.50 or lunch for $3.75.
- All meals must be eaten at the school.
Step Up to 3rd Grade is a summer school program being offered for this year’s second graders. It is a great way to help your child strengthen their academic skills over the summer. If you have not already enrolled your child and would like to, please stop by the office and complete a registration form. This is a free summer program, with an emphasis on using technology with reading, writing and math. It is designed for and open to all incoming 3rd graders.
Keeping Our Students Healthy
We are taking steps to reduce the spread of flu and colds at Columbus Elementary. Here is what you can do to help:
- Teach your child to wash their hands often.
- Teach your child to cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or to cough into their elbow.
- Teach your child not to share personal items.
- Know the signs and symptoms of the flu.
- Keep sick children home for at least 24 hours after they no longer have a fever.
- Do not send children to school if they are sick.
Attendance is important but so are healthy children!
Sign up for school closures/delays
School closures and delays are also posted at www.pdxinfo.net. This site is part of the FlashAlert messenger service, which distributes updates to news stations and subscribers. You can sign up for FlashAlert email messages at www.flashalert.net/id/mcmsd. If you had previously been signed up for Flash Alert, but haven’t logged in for a year or more, please sign up again.
Address or Phone Number Change
Please contact the office, 503-565-4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if your address or phone number has changed. We can’t mail your child’s report card to you or contact you if it is returned unless we have current information. Our offices will be closed the month of July.
State Report Card | Español