Columbus Family Math Night
District Spelling Bee participants
Dylan Winkler, Ben Rawson, and Kolby Fleetwood did great at representing Columbus. Kolby placed third in the district!
The Columbus Book Fair is April 6-10 in the library. There is a wide variety of books for children of all ages. Book Fair Hours:
April 6, 7, 8: 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
April 9: 2:30 – 8:00 p.m.
April 10: 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
All purchases benefit our school.
All Day Kindergarten
We are excited to announce that next year we will be offering full day kindergarten. If you have a child who will be 5 on or before September 1, 2015 please plan to attend kindergarten round up on April 16th from 3:00 to 6:30PM. More information
You will need to bring:
- Your child to meet teachers
- Immunization record
- Birth certificate
- Proof of address(examples include property tax record, utility bills, rent receipts, or rental agreements)
Keeping Our Students Healthy
We are taking steps to reduce the spread of flu and colds at Columbus Elementary. Here is what you can do to help:
- Teach your child to wash their hands often.
- Teach your child to cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or to cough into their elbow.
- Teach your child not to share personal items.
- Know the signs and symptoms of the flu.
- Keep sick children home for at least 24 hours after they no longer have a fever.
- Do not send children to school if they are sick.
Attendance is important but so are healthy children!
Sign up for school closures/delays
School closures and delays are also posted at www.pdxinfo.net. This site is part of the FlashAlert messenger service, which distributes updates to news stations and subscribers. You can sign up for FlashAlert email messages at www.flashalert.net/id/mcmsd. If you had previously been signed up for Flash Alert, but haven’t logged in for a year or more, please sign up again.
Address or Phone Number Change
Please contact the office, 503-565-4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if your address or phone number has changed. We can’t mail your child’s report card to you or contact you if it is returned unless we have current information. Our offices will be closed the month of July.
State Report Card | Español