Poetry and art on display at the District Office from Mrs. Mucken's 2nd grade.
Students will make up school on June 13th 2014
Due to inclement weather school closures on February 7 and February 10th. The last day of school is now scheduled to be June 13th and is contingent upon normal calendar operation for the remainder of the year. Additional make up days, if needed, will be scheduled the week of June 16-20. MHS Graduation remains as scheduled, June 6, 2014.
Spring Fling Update
- Date: Friday May 2nd
- Classroom Baskets – Book Theme! Each class selects a favorite book & puts together their raffle basket based on that book. Please select your book before spring break.
- The PTA voted to spend this year’s Spring Fling profits on Memorial playground projects starting with a fitness trail for our jog-a-thon field. Anyone interested is invited to meet us at Wascher on 3/6 at 3:00 to take a look at their fitness trail as we plan our project.
- Thanks for your support.
Author visit Deborah Hopkinson
Students recedntly met and listened to local author Deborah Hopkins.
Every Day Counts
Do you know who can read on grade level after 3rd grade?
- 64% of students with good attendance in K & 1 (missed 9 days or less both years)
- 41% of students who missed 18 or more days one year
- 17% of students of students who missed 18 or more days both years.
The impact of attendance is even more critical in upper grades because there is less repetition, the pace is faster and the content climbs more rigorously.
If you plan to take your child out of school for 2 or more days for vacation please fill out an absence form (available from the office) ahead of time. This will help us keep your child on track with school work without taking time away from others. Thanks for calling us when your child is sick. Working together really benefits all.
Invest in Reading
Reading is an Investment is a State literacy program that teaches students about money and financial concepts. Students who participate will receive a prize packet AND be entered for a drawing for one of fifty $529 Oregon Savings Plan accounts. Ms. Lowery will share information in Library classes. For more details: www.Readingisaninvestment.com
Artist in Residence with Annie Painter slideshow
State Report Card | Español