Dear Newby Families,
Report Cards will be mailed home by June 21st.
Class lists will be posted August 23. First day of school is September 3, 2013.
Has your address or phone number changed?
Please contact the office, 503-565-4900 or email@example.com, if your address or phone number has changed. We can’t mail your child’s report card to you or contact you if it is returned unless we have current information.
Summer Meals Program
June 17th through August 9th (except July 4th)
at DUNIWAY Middle School
Breakfast 8:00 – 8:45 a.m.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Free to ALL children!
All children under 18 years of age, excluding infants, can come and take advantage of this great program. No registration! Come for breakfast, come back for lunch! Adult’s meals are $2.50 for breakfast and $3.75 for lunch.
Other sites are:
- Buel Elementary, 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. for breakfast & 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. for lunch
- Wascher Elementary, 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. for lunch
Kindergarten Registration continues!
You can stop by Newby through June to register your child for next year’s kindergarten class.
Please bring immunizations and birth certificate. Children must be five years old on or before September 1, 2013, to register. Sorry, no exceptions. The office will be closed in July, but will reopen the beginning of August, so if you miss us in June, come by in August.
Yamhill County Public Health will be offering immunization clinics during middle school registration for the convenience of families this August. If your school aged child needs immunizations, don’t wait until Exclusion Day rolls around to catch them up, attend one of these immunization clinics this summer or visit your family doctor. All kindergarteners are required to have at least one of each of the required immunizations to attend their first day of school. Please bring your insurance card if you have insurance.
- August 20th, Tuesday at Duniway Middle School
- August 21st, Wednesday at Patton Middle School
- August 22nd, Thursday at Patton Middle School
Supervision of students is a primary concern throughout the school, and mornings are no exception. Options for students before school each morning are:
- Cafeteria is open for breakfast 7:30 a.m. to 7:55 a.m.
- Supervision in the dining area starts at 7:30 a.m.
- Students are dismissed to the playground or computer lab starting at 7:45 a.m.
- Students arriving after 7:55 a.m. will receive a “Breakfast on the Go” and report to class.
- School begins at 8:05 a.m.
- Playground opens at 7:45a.m.
- Supervisors open the play area starting at 7:45 a.m.
- Students may join the playground activities at any point after 7:45a.m.
- Students are organized for entry at 7:55a.m.
- School begins at 8:05a.m.
- Front entry drop-off area supervision starts at 7:45a.m.
- Students arriving before 7:55 a.m. will be directed to the covered play area.
- Students arriving after 7:55 a.m. will proceed to class through supervised hallways.
- School begins at 8:05a.m.
There is no supervision prior to 7:30 a.m. in the morning at Newby Elementary. Please do not have students arrive at school prior to this time, as this creates a potentially dangerous situation. No adult supervision is available, and we do not want students left on their own in the cold and darkness outside the building. Your help in making this a safe and secure setting is much appreciated.
Dave Carlson, Principal