- Model safe, respectful, responsible behavior.
- Provide their children with the necessary support for learning to take place.
- Assist in their child’s success by ensuring regular and prompt attendance.
- Communicate with staff.
- Recognize that for effective education to take place, a positive relationship between school and home must exist.
Oregon Harvest of the Month is Potatoes
March’s local food item in school lunch is potatoes grown in Oregon. Potatoes will be served on 3/20 at the elementary schools.
- FACTS: During the Alaskan Klondike gold rush, potatoes were practically worth their weight in gold.
- Potatoes were valued for their vitamin C.
- Painter Vincent Van Gogh painted four still-life canvases devoted entirely to the potato.
- Potatoes have more potassium than bananas.
- In 1995 the potato was the first vegetable grown in outer space.
- Inca Indians in Peru were the first to grow potatoes in approximately 2500BC.
- A potato is about 80% water and 20% solid.
- 2012-13 School Calendar
- Principal Points
- Student Handbook | Español
- School Improvement Plan
- School Profile
- Bus Routes
- Attendance Boundary Information
- Sign up for School Closure information
- Weather letter | Español
Students are expected to report to school and to each class on time, prepared with the necessary materials.
Students are given ample time between classes to arrive on time. Students coming into class after the tardy bell has rung will be escorted to the office and given a tardy for that period. Consequences for tardies are:
1st tardy Warning
2nd – 5th Student is assigned either a lunch time or after-school detention and must
call home to notify parents of the tardy detention.
6th tardy Student is assigned a detention and makes a phone call home. Student is given a referral and meets with assistant principal who will also contact parents.
7th & 8th Student is given a referral and meets with assistant principal who will contact parents. Student is assigned to ½ day in ISD room.
9th or more Student is given a referral. Assistant principal will meet with student and parent. Student is assigned one day in ISD room.
Patton Middle School Daily Schedule
Period 1 8:30 - 9:20
Period 2 9:24 - 10:09
Period 3 10:13 - 10:58
Period 4 11:02 - 11:47
Period 5 11:51 - 1:22
“A” Lunch “B” Lunch “C” Lunch
11:51-12:21 12:21-12:51 12:51-1:22
Period 6 1:26 - 2:11
Period 7 2:15 - 3:00